Individual Therapy for All Ages
1 to 1 Therapy
Face to face and internet-based therapy is offered for clients. I have gained the privilege of practising in both Cyprus and the UK, and have offices in both countries, as I travel between the two often. Therapy can be conducted in English and Greek. Because humans do not exist in isolation, we might explore bringing a significant other into the mix to address difficulties in being in relationships with others.
Therapy for Children and Youth
Therapy is always individualised. This is important as with different ages the ability to sit for 50 minutes on a chair and talk about what one finds difficult fluctuates. When it comes to working with children and young people the techniques used are more experiential. Experiences are played out in the safety of a therapy room, so young clients can learn and practise doing things differently.
Reasons for Individual Therapy
Imperatives for 1 to 1 interaction between client and psychologist
- A desired direction: I have the tools to help you reach it. You just need to have a direction in mind. Your desired direction can change many times in therapy. The question to bear in mind is “what would you like to achieve by coming to therapy now?”
- Be open to what comes up in our sessions. One of the hardest things is accepting you need to change your response to a situation.
- Be respectfully honest in our sessions. Your time is valuable and to not waste it, you need to be honest when asked what works for you and what doesn’t. I have many tools and you will not run out of options. P.S. I can always refer you to another “tool-box”.
- Therapy is not a stick by which we do magic. You cannot go about doing more of the same and wishing things/people/bosses/sex would be different. Consider this, embrace it, imagine the possibilities and responsibilities that come with it.
- Therapy is only effective if you apply what we discuss to your daily life. You need to do a lot of work in between our sessions- that is where the learning is learnt. This is then communicated to me so we can adjust if necessary. Adjusting might be a step forward, backwards, sideways or wherever that step needs to be taken to help you progress.
- In therapy, I will see you, and you might feel uncomfortable. However, I will still see you, and it is going to be OK when I do. This will be a safe space, like no other.